Community Development and Health Network (CDHN) and FactCheckNI are delighted to be working in partnership on the COVID-19 Information Dissemination (COVID-19 ID) Project to improve people’s health literacy about COVID-19 by providing accurate and up-to-date information which will increase knowledge, understanding and confidence and enable people to make good health decisions.
The objectives of the project are:
- To disseminate official COVID-19 information
- To fact check unofficial information about COVID-19
- To counteract misinformation and identify gaps in information for people in communities about COVID-19
- To disseminate health literacy friendly COVID-19 information to CDHN and FactCheckNI networks
- To prioritise the dissemination of information about the role of pharmacies
CDHN has over 2,500 members and supports tens of thousands of people across Northern Ireland. They are NI’s leading organisation working to empower communities, improve health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities. CDHN has particular expertise in health literacy, having developed and delivered training and provided support on health literacy to communities, pharmacists and other health and social care professionals.
FactCheckNI is Northern Ireland’s first and only dedicated independent fact checking service. The organisation is verified by the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) and works under the fundamental principles of impartiality, transparency and accuracy. FactCheckNI is also part of Facebook’s third party fact-checking programme; this is part of Facebook’s efforts to minimise the spread of misinformation on its platform. Find out more here
- You would like to receive official and fact-checked information
- You have seen information about COVID-19 that you think should be fact checked
- There is something you would like to know about COVID-19 and you can’t find it
- There is information about COVID-19 that you would like to see/receive in a more health literate format